Saturday, February 25, 2012

Rolling, rolling, rolling....

This is going to be a picture-heavy post.

Recently the lovely and culinarily-talented Katie posted a recipe for making a single or two-serving roll cake. I got so inspired by that post that I've made it at least half a dozen times now. Here, let me show you.

このポストは、写真いっぱいになりますよ。

最近、料理が上手ですてきなKatieさんが、一二個のロールケーキのレシピーを出しになった。そのポストの影響で、少なくても五六回やってみてきたんだ。見せてあげようか?

First up, a lemon, strawberry and white chocolate roll cake.

まずは、レモン、ストローベリー、ホワイトチョコのロールケーキ。



Despite that this was one of my first attempts at the cake, it was the one that ended up rolling the best. A friend told me that the colors reminded him of a breakfast burrito, which made me want to try again just so I could make a properly "desserty"-looking dessert, haha.

初めて作ってみた時だったのに、一番うまく巻くことが出来たやつだよね。ある友達が、この写真を見て、ブレークファストブリーとを思い出したって言ってて、ちゃんとデザートっぽいのを作ってみたいと思っていた、笑。

Next is a chocolate and matcha one. This one broke a lot more, because I waited too long to try rolling it! It was still scrumptious though.

次は、チョコレートと抹茶。これは、冷やすように待った時間が長すぎて、一回目より、巻いてから亀裂が生じってしまったんだ。ま、どう見ても、美味しかったよ。
 




I ate it with peanut butter, and used some strawberry jam as a palate cleanser.

ピーナツバターと食べて、口をすっきりとするためにイチゴジャムもたべた。

Try number three was a pancake-themed roll cake. It was filled with a maple cream and butter. I made the cake portion with chocolate, because chocolate chip pancakes are a favorite of mine ^_^.

三番目は、パンケーキのテーマのロールケーキ。中がメープルクリームとバター。私がチョコレートチップパンケーキが大好きだから、生地にココアも加えた。




Number four is a peanut butter and jelly roll cake! I used matcha and red food coloring to make the cake more festive-looking. It just seemed like a fun idea, and didn't really affect the flavor too much.

四番目は、ピーナツバターとジャムロールケーキ!祝い的に、生地に抹茶と食紅を入れてみた。なんか、面白そうと思ってやっちまったからね。味には、何も影響が分からなかった。




And most recent is this one. I bought some purple potato powder at a store and wanted to use it in something. So, I made purple potato roll cake with pumpkin mousse! I also put chunks of roasted, sugared purple sweet potato in the roll. It was so full that it'd didn't really roll "up", per se. Here you can see it along with some cookies from a cookie recipe I was trying out.

最も最近のは、これです。べに芋パウダー買ったから、使ってみたかったんだ。その結果が、パンプキンムース入りのべに芋ロールケーキ!焼いてて砂糖をかけてた乱きりの紫芋も巻き込んだ。中身がいっぱいで、ケーキの端も合わせてなかった!となりで見える物は、新しいクッキーのレシピの二個です。








 Making these is so much fun. You're limited only by your imagination with this kind of recipe. And I make all the stuff from scratch, so it's way healthier than roll cakes you buy at the store! Thanks again to Katie for the initial idea!

ロールケーキを作るのが、すごく楽しい!創造だけでの限定があるレシピだよね。私は、何もかもを手で作って、スーパーで買えるお菓子より、かなり健康的にもなるし。Katieさんにまた、最初のアイデアを与えてくれて、ありがとうね!

Ja, mata ne!
じゃ、またね!

1 comment: